fbpx

Japanese Dog Breeds – Sakhalin Husky

Japan is renowned for having the best sushi in the world, amazing anime, and cunning ninjas. In the year 2022, there was a “pet boom” in the nation of Japan. Rearing dogs has, at least in the view of the Japanese, evolved into a practical and feasible substitute for raising children. In Japan, the number …

Birds on the Move – Waxwings

The waxwings exemplify the close link that exists between birds and berries. Each winter, large numbers of two species, the Bohemian Waxwing and the Japanese Waxwing, migrate to Japan. Waxwings are rovers, staying in one spot just as long as their preferred foods, berries from specific trees, are plentiful, and then moving on to a …

The Black-eared Kite, Japan’s ubiquitous Scavenger

A spread-winged kite tips its head and looks down from a cloudless sky, silent as a spiderling’s gossamer thread adrift on the breeze. The kite twists its tail in a slow, leisurely motion as it looks down. As it examines the ground under it, time is on its side. The delicate movement begins from the …

Cultivation In Japan

Around 70% of Japan is mountainous, and nearly half of the remaining 30% has been developed for industrial or urbanized, leaving only a limited area ideal for agriculture. Apples, citrus fruits, pineapples, potatoes, and sugarcane, as well as tea, rushes, sugar beet, and silkworms, are among the Japanese crops. In terms of area, rice is …

Lake Biwa Canal In Kyoto, Japan

The Lake Biwa Canal is a historic Japanese waterway that connects Lake Biwa with Kyoto. The canal, which was built during the Meiji Period, was originally intended to transmit lake water for drinking, irrigation, and industrial reasons, but it also served to move waterborne freight and passenger traffic. Water from the canal powered Japan’s first …

La Collina Omihachiman In Omihachiman, Japan

If plants and trees can breathe, then so can buildings made of the same soil and wood as the trees themselves. The architect appears to have attempted to replicate the concept of a living building that is in tune with its surroundings. His breathing isn’t always audible. To notice it, you must turn everything off. …

Traditional Tea-Grass Integrated System In Shizuoka, Japan

Shizuoka Prefecture is largely regarded as the embodiment of Japan’s traditional scenery. The Traditional Tea-Grass Integrated System of the prefecture is a long-established agricultural production method that protects biodiversity. The backdrop of Shizuoka’s tea farms is a classic image of the prefecture. When you visit the tea estates, you will observe that they are interspersed …

Historic Villages of Shirakawa-go and Gokayama, Japan

In the isolated highlands that stretch from Gifu to Toyama Prefectures, the Shirakawa-go and nearby Gokayama areas line the Shogawa River Valley. They were designated as a UNESCO world heritage site in 1995 and are known for their traditional gassho-zukuri farmhouses, some of which date back over 250 years. The steep thatched roofs of the …

Circular Tank Diversion Works In Minowa, Japan

Despite the fact that many farmers enthusiastically supported the establishment of new fields in a terrace that spans along the Tenryu River’s right bank, the land’s failure to retain moisture resulted in numerous disagreements over waler rights. This led the installation of many circular tank diversion works in 1939, which evenly distribute the water. Around …

Hachirogata Reclaimed Land In Akita Prefecture, Japan

It is the agricultural land where it rose in the surface of the water that surrounding soil wavered when a foot is put on the surface of the earth where it was reclaimed by drainage (Though a surface is dry, that is the sludge ground which dryness does not proceed through.) where it rose in …